Old February 5th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Default Please help me analyze my technique (vids + pictures)

wrote:

Just wanted to mention my bindings angles a 45 front, 24 back. I
found out over the years this setup gives me the best speed/control
combination, probably not the best for jumping/tricks (which I don't
care that much). What do you think about my setup?

45 is a very high angle for soft boots. At that angle and higher, you
aren't able to use the highback very effectively and must rely on the
stiffness of the boot for heelside turns. Also 20 degrees is quite a
difference at those angles. Generally, the lower the angles are the
more difference you can comfortably have but as you make the angles
higher it is better to have less difference.

You might try something like 35 front, 20 back and see if that works any
better for you. If you combine that with the bigger forward lean and
more bent-kneed stance Bob suggested, I think it will make an improvement.

Neil