Old February 15th 04, 05:14 PM
Mike

Default My Ski Experience

The ski lift went HIGH!!
Anyway, that thing is STEEP!!

Just wait until you've been a few times. You'll wonder how you ever
thought that was steep :-)

I dont know...that beginner hill at Hidden Valley seemed
tough...well there is one stretch that is pretty bad.

My gf said my turns were "too sharp" she said experienced skiers go
down more vertically instead of sharp turns like me.

She's right. But then you aren't an experienced skier, and she should
not be expecting you to ski like one.

I thought that sharp turns were better? Like in hockey, I cant
ice skate well, so my turns are wide, while Pros are turning at like
90 degrees.

You are slowing because you are making those sharp turns. the higher
upwards you end up pointing, the more you will slow, in general.

I noticed that when Im turning, half the time, Im still sliding
down the hill sideways.
But it was fun