Old April 16th 06, 07:40 PM

Hey Joseph,

I know I am much more comfortable (mentally) on my cheap-o department
store inlines than I am on my roller skis. I think is from the 4 wheels
vs 2. The front wheel of the skate doesn't drop down into every crack
like the roller skis do.

I had not thought of that before, smart thinking!
The Siriro's most front wheel probably would get into the crack, but with
less weight on it might get stuck less severely. And I can't get over this :
the front of the ski drops only half the crack depth, less impact on the
foot, and easier to roll out of it. Then, 2-wheelers half to conquer
obstacles twice, these four times.

After your cross-skates, smaller harder wheeled roller skis may seem
very harsh on all but the best surfaces.

I do fear this. The 150's should be okay though, I'm running a tad more than
the allowed 60psi in these fatties, which makes them pretty harsh already.
Off-road and on bad surfaces I notice they should be aired down for best
roll-over performance. But right now my main objective is to stay as close
to my buddy on high-end 4x80mm rollerblades as possible. He says with
tailwind I lose only 2kph, with headwind 7kph. I blaim my height and lack of
V2 for this. Working on V2, it's worth it with headwind it seems, but a
sucker to excecuted correctly. But it won't be long before I manage to go
faster against the wind with V2 than with V2alt. My arms hate V2 though.

The cross skates look really cool. Lots of dirt roads around here that
would suit tthem well. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of them!

I only have size 9 and 13 proprietary boots with mine, they don't fit proper
boots. That feature was planned vor version 2 that never happened. Like
faster/ligher road tires, unfortunately.