Old January 6th 05, 05:13 PM
Mary Malmros

Walt wrote:

bdubya wrote:

On 5 Jan 2005 20:22:52 -0800, wrote:

What the h-- does "Freeride" MEAN, anyway?

The mountain is high, the valley is low,
If you're confused on which way to go,
then you're not a skier.

Just make sure you don't buy a pair of those ultra-slow Foghat skis.

I always thought marketing was a load of crap and that marketing people
were a bunch of lightweights, and now I know for sure. All we'd have to
do to come up with a totally rad new marketing scheme for a ski
manufacturer would be a couple of hours in a '70s bar. I can see it
now. Our products would be divided into the following product lines:

- Freeride. See above.
- Ticket to ride. Okay, it's '60s, but...
- Magic carpet ride. Another retro '60s line, featuring Peter Max graphics.
- Freebird. Lighter included.
- Slowride. See above. For people who want "relaxed" skiing.
- Slowhand. Suggestively shaped skis.

Am I a marketing genius or what?

--
Mary Malmros

Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.