Old January 6th 05, 11:27 AM
Jon C

What the h-- does "Freeride" MEAN, anyway? I was looking at Salomon's
web site today. They classify the Scream 10 Pilot Hot as a "Freeride"
ski. Their new "Scrambler" is an "All-Mountain" ski.

It's been awhile since I've bought skis. I'm getting old but I still
consider myself an advanced skier comfortable in the crud, powder, ice
and bumps. But I have NO interest in rails, stairs, half-pipes or any
of that Gen-Y crap.

Any old guys out there ski these Scream Pilot 10 Hots? Are they "all
mountain" or are they for the halfpipe? Thanks.

Oh yeah, the skis. I haven't been on the Scream Pilot 10 Hots, but I've
been on the Scream Limited. Kickass ski and they're "all mountain" the
way "all mountain" sounds. All mountain skis seem to be carving skis..
the Screams go anywhere.