Old August 17th 04, 11:14 AM
Uli Hausmann

ShredTheGnar schrieb:

Fritschi Freeride vs. The new Naxo Bindings

Both of these bindings claim to be thrashable downhill bindings in
addition to the touring capabilities. I don't know which pair to buy.
Any help would be appreciated. The naxo has a front toe piece that
releases like normal downhill bindings. Both of these bindings have
lightweight plastic, do they perform on downhill.

Many complain about the Fritschis, but not me. I'm still using the very
first one (the grey/white) and after reinforcing the longitudinal
titanal bar and changing a little bit in the heel part (elevating the
last screw with a spacer, so it does not open anymore spontaneously) i
hadn't any problem anymore. I'm doing about 8-10 tours with 1.000 m +
dislevel. So, the use is moderate ...

The Naxo is very fine and smooth. Plus, it has a higher release value
(like the Fritschi Freeride up to 12). It's very smooth for walking. But
when it comes to steep uphill its problem is the advanced center of
rotation (before the binding) which forces you to make a longer way with
the hill.

Personally, i'd prefer the Fritschi, but that are tastes. Friends of
mine did the Sarek (an alpinelike national park in north sweden and were
very happy even with the prototype of the Naxo).

Greetings,

Ulrich