Old August 29th 04, 12:45 PM
Steve Haigh

ash wrote:
What is wrong with Crystal???? We always use them and they are far better
than Inghams, Thompson etc especially for catered chalets.

Crystal used to have a reputation as being at the lower quality end of
the market in terms of accomodation and service. My own personal
experience backed this up. This may or may not have been the case across
the board but many people steered clear of them after bad experiences.

Over the past few seasons it seems as though Crystal have caught up with
the other main stream operators. I can't speak from personal experience
as I haven't been on a package trip for a long time, but from the
comments of others (such as yourself) there seems to be little to choose
between the big operators and Crystal's poor reputation is more a
historical hangover than anything else.

If you do have problems with Crystal (or anyone else) I'd suggest you do
it yourself. It's more fun, it doesn't have to cost more (and can indeed
be cheeper) and you can be far more flexible with your plans.