Old December 17th 04, 01:46 PM
todd

"Burrs" are small rough spots on your edge. I always run a diamond
stone
and then a gummi stone along the wide edge and along the base edge to
remove
burrs, it generally works. Then I will run the gummi stone along the

sharp
"corner" once; gummi stones will not dull edges.

Why?

I never understood this and thus haven't used a gummi stone yet. I see
people run the gummi stone across a sharp edge. Why doesn't this dull
the edge? Seems to me that a rough service like that capable of
removing burrs would also remove an edge.

Please explain, as I really don't understand the tool and sure would
like something to easily remove a burr while on a trip.

thanks,
-todd