Old December 14th 04, 02:29 AM

Diamond stone is a precision tool. Proceed with caution!

For good results you need a quality file guide for the side edge and a
vice. Next, something to do the base edge (fine black sand paper is a
cheap option) helps but is not required. I rub a gummi stone along the
base edge being careful not to ruin the structure of the base with good
results.

If you can only have one tool get the RED gummi stone. It's a bit
harder than the toko and slightly more aggressive.

Do some reading at Togner Tools.

wrote:
I'm not 100% clear on which tasks you want to be able to accomplish

with
your tools

my edges are a little beaten (a lot of burrs). and some damage after
going over a rock .
I just want to get the edges nice again and maintain them.

I though I can get them sharp and burr free with the bevel tool,
then I just run the gummi stone along the sharp corner afterwards?.
if I get the bevel tool, I really don't need a diamond stone , right?