Old December 13th 04, 11:30 PM
Mike T

what does it mean to deburr edges. do you actually rub the stone againt
the corner point of the edge?

"Burrs" are small rough spots on your edge. I always run a diamond stone
and then a gummi stone along the wide edge and along the base edge to remove
burrs, it generally works. Then I will run the gummi stone along the sharp
"corner" once; gummi stones will not dull edges.

I'm not 100% clear on which tasks you want to be able to accomplish with
your tools. I personally think a diamond stone would be a better first
purchase, you can get a small one for about $10. This will let you do a
wider range of tasks.

http://www.tognar.com/deburr_polishi...nes_tools.html

Scroll down to:

Pocket DMT Diamond Stones- 2.75" length