Old March 18th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Bob F

Default Ahhh Spring skiing

Ernie wrote:
"DaveM" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:57:19 -0400, VtSkier
wrote:

Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
DaveM wrote:
//Walt wrote:

DaveM wrote:

I am headed back up to the mountain tomnorrow. Might try to get a few
turn inon Thursday if I can. Got some work to do but hopefully if it
is decent I can get out and about and enjoy what should be a sunny
day. Should be.....

DaveM

On some warm spring days, my skis act like an old jalopy running on
one cylinder: stall and run, slide and grab. Does anyone have an
explanation, on what causes this, and how to avoid, or at least
minimize, the problem.

Use a warm snow wax. Re-apply often.