Old September 22nd 05, 01:12 AM
The Real Bev

Default Airplane problem

Los Angeles is famous for its televised car chases, but today we have
something different. A Jet Blue plane took off from Long Beach for JFK and
the nosewheel got stuck down with the tires pointing sideways. They turned
the plane around to head out over the ocean to dump fuel, but it turns out
that you can't dump the fuel from this kind of plane. So the thing is flying
back and forth back and forth to Catalina until they've burned enough fuel to
try a landing at LAX.

I just woke up for it half an hour ago. Listening to the commentators is just
like listening to the commentators for car chases or the Rose Parade. You'd
think they could give a prediction about when it's going to come down. It's
not like this is new technology or anything.

I wonder when they'll pass out free drinks to the passengers. They hope that
the wheels will straighten out when it lands...

--
Cheers,
Bev