Old January 11th 06, 12:44 AM

pigo wrote:
"JQ" wrote in message

And now as I try to post this through my regular newsreader, I
find that
Comcast seems to have dropped RSA and RSAM from its list of
newsgroups.
WTF? That only adds to me general annoyance with the lack of
snow. I
can still download and read but I cannot reply -- it tells me that
no
such groups exist. Odd.

(yeah, just a lot of bitching, I know but a lack of snow makes
that seem
reasonable)

Thinking snow (and drinking martinis)

Dave

I am using Comcast and have no problems. It may be your web
browser, I can not access any newsgroup on my laptop.

If I'm out wirelessly I don't get them through my account on OE.
Maybe that's what he means.

They're probably blocking access from outside their network. Verizon
does the same thing. If you still want access from the road, and you
have a 2nd PC at home, you can set up port forwarding with ssh. That's
what I have to do to access my news server from work.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"