Old January 15th 05, 12:38 PM
John Elgy

Steve Haigh wrote:
john elgy wrote:

My experience of Canada is that every possible variation from the lift
is marked and signposted as a seperate run. We even found one in
Whistler that was only 2m long (a drop off a cornice that then
rejoined the main route). My experience of skiing in the US is very
limited.

That seems to be streching it a bit - where on earth is that run?

There are loads of runs at Whistler (and Blackcomb) that are not marked,
but I take your point, they do seem to mark a lot more runs than would
be the case in Europe.

IIRC at the top of the chirlift to the main Whistler bowl(the peak)
there was a little jump off the cornice which then rejoined the main
piste down the bowl. One day I noticed two piste markers (with 2 black
diamonds) calling this lifties leap. At the time I thought it was a joke.