Old April 29th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
AES

Default Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

Dave-in-Spokane " wrote:

Booker Bense wrote:

AES wrote:

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008.

I think both Squaw Valley and Kirkwood have a list for that.

http://www.squaw.com/winter/snowfall.html

This site has pretty good information:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/...alifornia.html

or

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Nevada/nevada.html

for the Nevada side.

Thanks to all -- the Squaw Valley site has indeed exactly what I wanted
(at two different elevations, moreover) --- and I'll get to the others
eventually.

[This is of course related to the "science in everyday life/roadside
snowfall stratigraphy" posts I put up earlier. Sure wish I'd taken a
few quick photos when I was up there.]