Old February 24th 04, 04:10 PM
Ian Spare

Default Smoking is something to share on the same seat

funkraum wrote:
"Simon Brown" wrote:

"Gav" wrote in message

I'm not a smoker but I have no problem with people lighting up on
chairlifts. It's outdoors so I don't get affected by the smoke and
the chairlift ride typically only lasts a few minutes anyway.

Lovely clean pure Alpine air spoilt by a selfish bugger with no regard for
others? Death's too good for them.

guffaws

You're damn right. I loathe the smell of the burning paper and the
saltpetre which coats it in order to keep the cigarette alight. It
should be "Cigars Only" on all lifts.

And there should be a "Cigar Fast Lane" in the lift queue, in order to
wave-through persons of taste and breeding while the proletarians
are kept bottled up in some pen.

That might work but we'd need some way of distinguishing between brands,
clearly Hamlet or Wintermanns Cafe Creme are the cigars of the masses
and should be discouraged, as much as anything they smell like someone's
burning old socks wrapped in rubber. The cigar fast lane should only be
genuine Cuban cigars purchased from a humidor not "product of several
countries" or some other South American country purchased from the local
petrol station ....

There's too much of the proletariat on the slopes, luckily here in the
Grand Massif they're eliminating themselves quite quickly and drumming
up a lot of business for the local helicopter guys, by the end of the
week I should be the only person on the slopes.