Old April 21st 04, 02:32 PM
klaus

Kurt Knisely wrote:

After such a warm March, a little of Winter has returned in April.
More on the way this week...I might need to come into work a little
late on Thursday (cough-cough, slope flu you know).

Russ, Jed, and I went back yesterday to hit some steeper stuff. But
the wind had blown hard forming windslabs in everything in Wolverine
Circus. I roped into The Scythe due to some *huge* wind pillows to try
and get it to go before we skied it. I tripped it but it didn't break
very big or run much at all. Russ came down next, unroped made two
turns past me and triggered about a 1 1/2 foot crown that ran fast and
full track. Debris pile at the bottom was about 3 feet. So we went
home. Booting up Granny's Chute looked like a bad idea although we'd
already booted up Hidden Chute. The narrow steep stuff wasn't near as
scary as the wider less steep.

Got another six inches in the driveway overnight and supposed to get
another foot by morning. Sounds like winter.

Call me if you want a partner tomorrow. I need to get back up. No one
is out and conditions are nice albeit somewhat scary.

-klaus

P.S. Wolverine Bowl again had no tracks and the tracks from Sunday
were filled in.