Old September 11th 03, 11:35 AM
Steve

Default Ski Magazines

The Older Gentleman wrote:
Ste Smith wrote:

I've noticed that the Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard magazines has just been
published for the first time this season. Does anyone know when the first
edition of the Ski Club GB "Snow and Board" magazine is due to come out?

Who cares? They're all utter ****e.

Agreed. If you want a decent ski magazine you'll have to hunt down the
US magazine Powder, or subscribe on the web (www.powdermag.com). Good
articles (although obviously with a North American focus) and fantastic
photos.

For some reason I bought the Daily Mail magazine. Facinating article
about skiing in the Rockies with "10 things you didn't know about the
Banff". On closer inspection it should have read "10 things we made up
about Banff which aren't actually true". For example, according to the
Daily Mail magazine you can't make snowballs out of the snow in the
Canadian Rockies - not true, we had a fantastic and very juvenile
snowball fight on Lake Louise and the snow was excellent for snowball
making. They also claimed that bears are a danger... not during the ski
season they're not, they are all asleep. I could go on, they did.