Old December 24th 03, 02:29 PM
Dell Todd

Default Crystal Mountain, Michigan XC race results?

It was Steve Kuhl who won, not Koch according to the results listed there...
Is Jeff Koch back skiing? He hurt his back last year and did not ski much.
He was super tough the year before though, beating Milan Baic in the Vasa...

JK
Do I know you Todd?

Not yet. My friends call me Dell. I am on my 2nd year of racing a full
schedule. The year before last I did just the vasa & the white pine
and Ernie took me to the Birkie. Last winter I did everything I could
on the MI Cup + the Noquemanon and Birkie. My wife is a new nordic ski
racer too. She is psyched because she got a podium finish at the
Korteloppet last year ! (classic - 3rd in age)

I am hoping to sneak up to the vasa trail over the holidays, starting
with saturday, my first opportunity.

After I posted what I had heard about the race, I too then saw that
Mike had gotten the real results up. That is nice to see Steve Kuhl
doing well. He is fast, but challenged by the Michigan Cup skiers. I
don't know Jeff Koch, but anyone who can keep Milan Baic challenged is
OK in my book. (we all need to be pushed eh ? Look at Lance Armstrong
who began to take it for granted. I am a Milan fan)

I'm new to the game, but picking it all up pretty quickly. I am also a
road marathoner, so the training translates pretty well to skiing, but
I have been unable to train for marathons, and simultaneously for
skiing, but I sure would like to keep training for skiing all year
long. Now if we can just get some snow !!