Old February 18th 06, 04:15 PM

joseph santaniello writes:

joseph Hi,
joseph At the end of November when I put my bike in the garage for the winter
joseph I weighed 93kg. I have been skiing about 8-12 hours per week (50/50
joseph classic-skate) and which is at least 3-4 hours more on average than I
joseph did on the bike. I also think my skiing is more intense than the bike
joseph riding was (at least during the fall). I haven't changed my diet in any
joseph way. My weight is now 103kg. I notice that certain parts of my quads
joseph are much larger now, and my triceps too, and I suspect other places
joseph too. Fat is hard to judge, but I think it is pretty constant.

If you are burning more calories, and put on weight, odds are you
are eating more. In very rare cases metabolic changes could cause
this, but that is not likely.

joseph Is it common for skiing to encourage the development of bulk muscles? I

Big hills would tend to cause some muscle gain, given adequate nutrition
and rest. I doubt fast skating on golf course type terrain would do so.

joseph for some reason always assumed it would be slimming like running. I
joseph certainly didn't expect to gain 10kg in 3 months! It dosen't bother me,
joseph I am just curious about the development.

joseph Joseph

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.skiing.nordic...)