Old February 18th 05, 01:41 PM
Ignat

Tahnks for Your help skiers

Uzytkownik "David Mahon" napisal w wiadomosci
In article , Ignat writes
Hello!!
I'm going to Tonale (Italy) this year. Please tell me if it's a good

place
for skiing?
Has anyone been there before?

I went there in 2000 I think. Unfortunately, despite it's high altitude,
the snow was scanty (late in season) off the glacier. The glacier itself
(on the other side of the road) was icy.

It's all above the tree line, so it's a bit bleak if the weather was
bad.

There aren't that many restaurants. On the plus side, the pistes weren't
at all crowded and there was little queuing for lifts.

I'm quite experienced skiier, so tell me please if Tonale is a place

where I
can have some fun?

I can't say it was any more than OK. But the snow was poor that year so
maybe it isn't normally like that.

Also I would appreciate infos regarding some good places to spend

evenings
like bars, pubs etc.

At night it's reasonably quiet. There are a few biger bars that have
happy hours just after the pistes close, which is the only time they
seemed to be busy.

--
David Mahon