Old February 6th 06, 12:58 PM

"Lew Lasher" wrote in message
news:_HHFf.1572$VX2.118@trndny04...
Any suggestion for excuses to bring my BC 'lite' skis?

Are you interested particularly in backcountry (or "lite" backcountry)
skiing, or would you consider skiing on groomed trails?

March is borderline for Vermont in an average year, and, so far, this year
has been far worse than average. For example, as of today, there is only
limited skiing available on groomed trails (Craftsbury is open, probably
Stowe Mountain Resort, possibly Bolton Valley).

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts and Stowe, Vermont

My preference would be either! That is, I'd be happy on tracks at a center,
or I could also do a scenic trail with some modest hills. I'm skiing metal
edged light BC skis (right around 70mm max and with a bit of sidecut) and
learning how to tele turn, so all options on the nordic end of the spectrum
are welcome. No epic hills, skinning, etc.

Mostly I'm hoping to find some good options on the north end of the state,
as I'll be flying into Brattleboro and possibly driving up to Montreal.

We've also had an awful winter in the mid-atlantic and that's part of the
incentive to bring skis on this business trip!

Thanks