Old October 17th 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default Ski transfers: Flaine

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:07:43 +0100, Ian Blake
wrote:

The Paris-Austerlitz - St. Gervais overnight train stops at Cluses in the
morning so it is a short bus ride up to Flaine (or associated resorts). Cluses
also has busses heading to the Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz.

Erk. Alone, maybe, but a family with a four-year-old would be too much like
hard work.

As it happens, the Flaine idea has also been dropped: we realized that a hotel
wasn't the best place to relax at the bar in whth a 4yo child left in a room.

So, the plan is not to try to do the family thing this year in a narrow window
that doesn't fit in with resort timings. This frees me up to book a proper
holiday alone, though there was talk of doing a short Scotland trip instead,
and take the weather as it comes.
--

Pip