Old November 21st 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default ski pass

On 21 Nov 2006 04:39:20 -0800, "Matt T"
wrote:

Ace wrote:

On 21 Nov 2006 04:14:58 -0800, "Matt T"
wrote:

Hmmm.. maybe I'll have to ask around some
more company reps this winter...

I don't think you'd find many ready to blatantly break the rules
unless it were for a close friend.

No, I wouldn't expect them to - I'm just curious as to how twisted the
system is if you scratch beneath the surface.

WellI've never worked as a tour rep, so my experience is based on what
I've seen and heard. I have led Ski Club holidays, where we also make
use of the group discount - the difference here is that the holiday is
priced assuming that we make a slight 'profit' on lift pass monies,
which is all accounted for and goes back to the club.

It's still an odd experience to be sitting on several thousand euros
of punters' money though...

Personally, I'm looking
at only a 5% discount this year, unless my flat purchase completes in
the next 6 weeks in which case it's still only 20%. Got 50% last year
just for having the carte fidelite.. :-(

50%? That's off a season pass, presumably? I know that, on occasion,
we've bought a season pass for my wife when repping the start of
season (they'll provide one free, but not two) and it's often been
true that a season pass purchased early can be had for as litle as
2.5* a weekly pass rate. Not bad going, IMO.

Anyway, I shall report back!

Pleasze do.
--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)