Old February 9th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default new boots

On Feb 9, 6:19 am, (Steven Slaby) wrote:
) writes:
On Feb 9, 7:54 am, Champ wrote:
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:01:37 +0100, Ren=E9 Bedbur
wrote:

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:

Anyone done the drill lately? I go for fairly stiff, at least
the upper part and a small footprint.

HI!

Try the Burton Ion. If you like it stiffer try the Driver X.
I got the Ion and like it very much.

In the long tradition of recommending your own kit, I can add my vote
to the Ion. I've been boarding for 15 years, had the Ion for the last
2 and they're best I've ever used. (But then, modern kit is all so
much better than the stuff we had starting out).
--
Champ

I'm a big fan of the BOA wire lace system and highly recommend it. I
have the Vans Contra's which are fairly stiff. Had them 3 years now
and they have been super. They go on and off in a few seconds, and if
you want to make them tighter, you can do it in 2 secs, just wind the
ratchet.

THe boa system used to be my favourite until I tried the Burton Driver X.
The BOA system that I had I could not adjust the foot and leg sections
seperately (all or nothing).

THe DriverX has seperate laces for top and bottom and you just pull on a
handle to tighten, which is faster/easier than sitting there and winding
and winding to close them when you first put them on.

Steve.

I heard there is a double BOA system out now which tightens the top
and bottom part of the boot separately. You can find it in the DC
Shoes Allegiance, Van Fargo Focus Boa and Thirty Two Focus Boa. From
what I've read for some people it works great, for some people the
lower BOA kills their instep (top of the foot).