Old February 9th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Steven Slaby

Default new boots

) writes:
On Feb 9, 7:54 am, Champ wrote:
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:01:37 +0100, Ren=E9 Bedbur
wrote:

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:

Anyone done the drill lately? I go for fairly stiff, at least
the upper part and a small footprint.

HI!

Try the Burton Ion. If you like it stiffer try the Driver X.
I got the Ion and like it very much.

In the long tradition of recommending your own kit, I can add my vote
to the Ion. I've been boarding for 15 years, had the Ion for the last
2 and they're best I've ever used. (But then, modern kit is all so
much better than the stuff we had starting out).
--
Champ

I'm a big fan of the BOA wire lace system and highly recommend it. I
have the Vans Contra's which are fairly stiff. Had them 3 years now
and they have been super. They go on and off in a few seconds, and if
you want to make them tighter, you can do it in 2 secs, just wind the
ratchet.

THe boa system used to be my favourite until I tried the Burton Driver X.
The BOA system that I had I could not adjust the foot and leg sections
seperately (all or nothing).

THe DriverX has seperate laces for top and bottom and you just pull on a
handle to tighten, which is faster/easier than sitting there and winding
and winding to close them when you first put them on.

Steve.