Old November 6th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic
Martin Thornquist

Default Going off trail

[ Christos Dimitrakakis ]

So am I a bit confused. I'd like to have, apart from my skating skis, a
pair of skis that can be used relatively well in either a track or
off-piste. Tackling very steep downhills will not be necessary.

Just one small thing to add to what the others have said, you need
relatively skinny skis to fit well in prepared tracks. This is at odds
with going off-track in deep snow, for that you want wider skis. So
you have to decide if you really want skis that fit in prepared
tracks, if you do then that restricts your choice a fair bit.

Martin
--
"An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
-Paul Graham, On Lisp