Old November 10th 05, 03:13 PM
freeheelfunhog

Some of us in Oregon would like you to believe sknyski and his
precipitation outlook for our area. (Where I live, we average 19 inches
of rain a year, just about the same as SF with 20) Sknyski, the
anti-chamber of commerce...But, he's right about Eureka where it rains
about 37 inches a year.

It's about a 4.5 hour drive from Eureka to Shasta, not a whole lot
different than it is on a Friday from the Bay Area to Tahoe and it's
much more beautiful drive (imho) with less traffic, albeit on a
relatively narrow road.

For groomed track, Shasta really is the ticket.

T.

PS You can sand ski and surf near Eureka.