Old March 26th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Perdita Stevens

Default Pila/Courmayeur

Ace writes:

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:42:51 +0100, in ,
"Roger Moss" wrote:

My son visited Pila yesterday and he was surprised at two things, the
first being the lack of green runs

No green-graded pistes in Courmayeur either

Isn't this just because their grading system, like that of the Swiss,
only uses blues, reds and blacks? So a blue run could generally be
considered suitable for beginners.

Yes, that's so. Pila is odd in having very few blue runs, though, which is
probably what was behind the original comment. Might well be a problem for
an adult beginner or an older child. I'm thinking it's probably not a
problem for a 5yo in ski school for the first time, and only there for a
week - he won't be doing much skiing on real slopes anyway, and Pila seems
to be OK for baby-lifts. For his next year, hopefully we will need
somewhere with plenty of beginner-suitable runs.

Perdita