Old January 8th 06, 12:21 AM

"downhill" wrote in message

But when you are the focus of the media glare and try to exploit it
for your gain there are things as a role model for youths you do
not want to come out. May be if you write a tell all book 30 years
after the fact but it can be a sponsor & future project killer if
you do it during your prime.

I'm not disputing that. I'm just correcting what the agenda driven
said.

As far as role models are concerned, if the parents can't teach kids
the difference, **** 'em. I think that just because he skis well he
shouldn't be able to live his own life to make up for some retards
poor parenting skills. But he also should be aware of marketing
pressures that make negatively effect him (right or wrong).

I am reading the Bill Johnson book and wondering if Bode used him
as a role model?

Bill is a cool guy. But I haven't seen him since the brain injury.