Old August 8th 03, 05:26 AM
4matic

Default Fakie board recommendation

Do manufacturers even make true twin boards anymore? All boards have some
degree of more stiffness in the tail don't they?

I suppose you could get any board that calls itself freestyle rather than
freeride..

"Skitzo" wrote in message
om...
I am looking for some board recommendations. I know I should rent and
try a bunch of boards before I buy, but I don't get to ride nearly
enough, and I don't want to spend half the season messing around with
differnet boards. Not to mention, it sounds like a hassle to try to
track down the board you want to try, in the correct size and
everything, go rent it, get it set up, ride, and then return it. Maby
I'm just lazy.

I consider myself an intermediate to advanced rider. I usually ride
fakie for at least half the day and therefore don't want a directional
board. The catch, however, is that I spend more time out of the park
than in it (I usually play in the park for only 1-2 hours in a full
day of riding). So, I don't want a board that would be made for
freestyle riding (as most non-directional boards are). I live on the
East coast, so deep powder runs are rare, mostly packed powder (if you
can call it that), and ice.

I am 6' and weigh around 170 lbs. I would like to find something
under $400 and have no problem buying last year's model.

Anybody out there that knows what I am looking for?