Old April 22nd 04, 06:09 PM
Jeff Potter

Default Give $ to US Team?

Eric Shmo Chandler wrote:

I just got done reading an article on Fasterskier.com by Kris Freeman.
Got me thinking. So, my family gives to charity each year. I don't see
why we couldn't carve out a chunk to give to the US Nordic Team. I
notice there's quite a few professionals on this website. I think our
community (of Masters racers especially) could make quite a financial
help to the US Team. And without it being too painful for each of us.
Any thoughts?

US Pro Cycling only ever got off the ground because it found a couple
millionaire backers.

I think that's it in a nutshell.

Where would Lance be without Thom Weisel? Or even without Fred Mengoni of
a few years back? No Fred no Greg...and Greg leads to Lance.

Yes we do need some more fan support, but first we need ONE HEAVY HITTER.

I'm guessing our only hope will be found in Minneapolis. It's the only
place where a money-ski-buff could be found. Or just maybe SF, like
Weisel---they have Royal Gorge that some fancy lads might commute to.

Didn't Mengoni own a line of bike shops?

Who's has the biggest pocket in US skiing? This could be determined. Then
someone should just ask them if they'd like to get the US a Gold, or not.
Coz without someone like that, no chance.

--

Jeff Potter
****