Old May 13th 04, 08:29 PM
wacopaco

Default Need a new wide board - Burton Bullet?

I bought the Atomic Alibi at the beginning of last season and that board
rocks! Stiff and fun to ride. After breaking it in this season at Lake
Louise, I can say it is one of the best boards out there. Although the Alibi
isn't a wide board, my friend bought the Atomic Mugshot which is exactly the
same except it is wide! He's got size 13 feet and he claims that it works
great with him.

Not only that you don't get the mark up you usually see with anything Burton
(not that they don't make good products, they just charge too much). My
friend said the board is comparable to his old Burton Canyon, but stiffer.

The Mugshot features 4 (yes FOUR) layers of fibre glass, sintered base and a
twin tip side cut. It is totally set up for the park. You can check it out
on www.atomicsnowboards.com. Also it was voted top 10 good wood of the year
by Transworld last year.

Oh by the way, it offers 2 years warranty, as opposed to Burton's 1 year.
(my friend's Canyon delamed at the tip 1.5 years through

hope you check that board out

"Jason Watkins" wrote in message
om...
(Matt) wrote in message

. com...
thanks for *all* the input

Sorry dude, I don't know a board to reccomend you. I have a donek wide
and like that... I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend their wide or
sasquatch models for freeride.

The other thing I'd say is, there's *plenty* of good boards out there.
Not having $500 to spend doesn't mean you have to settle for a poor
board... it just means you're going to have to look outside the
fashionable brands.

That, or try to find a good condition demo of the Canyon.