Old November 11th 04, 03:10 PM
David Dermott

(about buying cheap skis at Canadian Tire)

Does `Canadian Tire' sell skis and tires, or just skis?

For the benefit of non-Canadians:
CANADIAN TIRE (CT) is a chain of franchised hardware stores
across Canada. Also (in)famous for their CT money.

This story has happened some many times, it is now a running joke
in our local cycling/camping community. - Visiting touring-cyclists need
a butane fuel cannister (or other camping supplies) for butane camp stove.
We suggest Canadian Tire. They wonder why a "tire store" would
sell camping supplies.

Unfortunately (for me) CT now only sells SNS boots (I'm a NNN person).
There have been times when I've immediately needed a cheap pair of boots
and CT was the only store nearby.

Their boots and skis are lower priced Karhu models. I've only seen
waxless skis there.

--

David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada
email: