Old November 5th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
pg

Default The season has begun!

"Matt T" a écrit dans le message de news:
On 2 Nov, 09:52, "pg" wrote:
"Pip Luscher" a écrit dans le message de news:
| On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:02:41 +0000, Ian|
wrote:

Just got an snow report email from Tignes claiming 155 cms on top, and five
minutes later from Val saying 0 cms. A few days back one from Puy St Vincent
saying they were opening a few runs with 55 cms. I'm a bit far away to check
right now (about 6,000 miles in fact), but anyone know what the actual
situation
is in the French Alps?

If there have been some decent early snow, I hope they fell on well-frozen
ground unlike last year ... otherwise even if the cover lasts, it'll vanish in
no time towards the end of the season.

155cm sounds a little hopefull - I'll believe 55cm though - my friend
sent me photos from the glacier last week and it looked like much fun
was being had in the powder. I'm out there in 4 weeks, so we'll see
what gives...

Tignes are still claiming 155cm on Gde Motte. Long may it last ... Mind you can
remember skiing down to Val Claret very early on not that long ago, should think
that's out of the question as yet ...

Pete
http://frogblog-thaidings.blogspot.com/