Old February 5th 04, 08:14 AM
David Jones

Default Dolomites-where to go

Hi Rob,

We rather fancy the Dolomites for the scenery. Any recommendations for the
best place to stay for a couple of competent intermediates in early March.

I was at the Val Gardena over the weekend, and if you are into scenery
and food you would love it. However, I guess I would class myself as a
competent intermediate, and I found it pretty unchalleging. I only
found one run (and that was not even marked as a run) that was harder
than the hardest BLUE runs I found in the states.

Quite fun though, and a big area to explore.

I am flyng back there at the end of this month, so any sujestions about
harder areas would be aperitiated. I was going to try Cortina, mainly
because it is near Trevisio. Also I heard it is were people go to be
seen rather that ski :-).

Have fun,

Hugh
--
If you have questions, please direct them to the newsgroup. Email
address is a spam trap.

If it were easy, it would be called snowboarding