Old March 3rd 06, 06:17 PM

In article ,
Florian Anwander wrote:
next week I will do a mixed piste/backcountry tour across the Dolomites
(from Passo Rolle to Dobiacco).
Can someone share his experiences from the last week(s), what is the
snow like, especially off piste? Powder or breakable crust?

Coverage was thin. I minimized my off piste in Cortina.
Crust didn't start appearing after I had moved over to Sella.

Were there high wind speeds?

Likely. I had moved to the Stubai region (even though it gets hammered
a bit harder).

Or does anyone know a site, where I can find local weather dates from
the last weeks?

Did you search for Italian Weather on a search engine?