Old April 9th 16, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ[_2_]

Default Engleberg skiing

On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 17:45:04 +0100, "
wrote:

I thought one of the advantages of snowboarding boots was to fell smug
in the company of skiers when having to walk anywhere?

At its apogee on the arrette from Aiguille de Midi to the starting
point of the Vallee Blanche

Take snow crampons for your ski boots for this descent. It's snow and
steep so a hard boot like an Alpine boot or a ski boot is best.

This is nonsense - I've walked down there loads of times in snowboard
boots, and it's just like walking down your own stairs in slippers.
I've remotely understood why skiers make such a meal of it, but I
think it's mostly down to inexperience rather than any inherent
problem with ski boots. I know Ace of this parish would walk down
there at least as quickly as i do.

Frankly, the next time I ski this I am going to ski straight from the
head exit along the VB side and then down the couloir or the face and
over the bergschrund.

Ok, that I'd like to see.

That circus of guided skiers all crawling down the fixed rope is
really annoying.

It is that! I think it just takes one scared person to hold everyone
up.