Old September 19th 11, 07:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default This never happened before

On 09/19/2011 02:32 PM, Bob F wrote:
I passed a rig maybe half that size once heading east towards Snoqualmie Pass.
The trailer had maybe 12 axles and was pulled by only 2 tractors. I guessed the
load was an electric generator for one of the hydro plants on the Columbia.

Richard Henry wrote:
Last night returning home from dropping my daughter off at her first
day of college. we got stuck on the freeway behind this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHDWKbYyI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY4Xuyi8rM

On the freeway, it takes up three lanes on the straightaways and all
four lanes on curves and bridges. It took us 90 minutes to go about
20 miles.

Holy crap! What about on and off the freeway? Around here
freeway entrances/exits are only 2 lanes wide at most
and usually 1 lane with shoulders.