Old October 30th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Florian Anwander

Default Warmest women's coat suggestions?

Hi

as others said: Multi layer Clothing is essential and keeping the legs
warm too.

To my experience the best (ever!) underwear pant for sport at very cold
temperatures are the Lowe Alpine Power Stretch tights.
http://www.lowealpine.com/Products/D...ficActivityID=
Better than all merino and what else stuff.

Another urgent thing: ~ 10% of bodies warmth are lost via the head. A
really good(!) windproof cap is essential.

Florian

Tim wrote:

Hi-

My wife needs to get the warmest coat possible before she'll even
THINK of skiing with me.

Any suggestions? Are there any kinds of fiber of down that are the
warmest?

Thanks-----

Tim