Old March 2nd 04, 07:50 AM
Paul Schofield

Default driving to Meribel

"Roger" wrote in message
m...

We also drove back one hit - but left at 5.30am and were home about 6pm.
Doing the crossing around 4pm (eurotime) gives enough of a break before

the
last couple of hours in the UK.

Hi Paul

How ? It always seems to take us 11 - 12 hours just to get from the
resort to Calais? How on earth do you cross the channel and get all
the way to Northampton in 13 and a half hours?

Hi Roger, I just sat on the motorway at or just over 130kph, clear
conditions and leaving early meant no queues at tolls and no jams, Stopped
for late breakfast around 10 and grabbed some pre-packed lunch from the
services after Reims. Actually arrived at Calais with enough time to go to
the hypermarket. Last stretch through UK was okay as it wasn't too late, the
footie was on the radio and it was busy enough to need attention without
being stop start.

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow