Old February 19th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Can I set my own bindings?

VtSkier wrote:
Walt wrote:

I cannot find a single definition of torque that
doesn't require motion that is either happening
or is about to happen.

That's odd, since I've only posted it about 5 times. Here it is again:

T = r x F

where F is the force and r is the moment arm vector.

Now, what, exactly, is in motion here? A force, acting on a moment arm
produces torque. We agree that it's possible for a force to exist
without motion. The above definition shows that a stationary force will
produce torque.

I really can't make this any clearer.

If I didn't know you better I'd say that you were just trolling.

//Walt