Old April 17th 06, 09:30 PM

(Eugene Miya) wrote in news:443f0694$1@darkstar:

Sure. I've seen split boards. I've also seen a lot of boarders carry
or wear snow shoes. I don't care which techniques you use to get
down. I care less if a person not on my trip carries extra weight.
The main thing is to take one's time fiddling with board ski up or
down.

There is the fiddle-factor w/ split boards, but you're saving all that
weight of carrying approach skis or snowshoes. For dyed-in-the-wool (err,
something like that) backcountry snowboarders, the splitboard seems to be
the logical choice. They're not going to be riding a cafeteria tray in
undulating terrain. The splitboarders I've seen who do it often, seem to
have minimized the fiddle-factor--some are Voile employees.

But to match your uphill, I think it was one of the Duckboy books
which has the rocket powered toboggan.

Rocket powered toboggan? What if you miss the switchback?

-K