Old December 7th 04, 09:21 PM
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

Hey LAL
I'm thinking of driving up from South Lake either Friday or Sunday to
Alpine Meadows unless, of course, you think another area might be
better.

If there is a slim chance that we might hook up, we can email off
group and set something up.

I'm takng care of busines in San Francisco currently - don't know if
I'll be finished by Friday or even Sunday. But it's a good idea - I'll
try and get back to you.

Forgot to answer your other question.

- Alpine has a foot and a half of new on about 5 feet of old base.
Ought to be decent enough...

BTW, it's not a short drive, particularly if there's weather (and the
subsequent spun out tourists all over the roads) so leave yourself
plenty of time.

Squaw and Sugar Bowl (and Kirkwood down your way) all ought to be decent
enough grin

I'm planning at least a day at Kirkwood and part of a day at Heavenly,
which will be the day we sleep in, eat a leisurely breakfast and go
skiing with the whole family.

BTW, I did a mapquest thing for both Kirkwood and Alpine. The results
were that the mileage was about the same. When I was there last I took
the bus to K one day and the bus to Squaw the next. My recollection was
that I only saw about half the movie going to K but had extra time going
to Squaw.

I *am* looking forward to a certain wall at K.

What is Sugar Bowl like as an area?

RW