Old January 17th 05, 06:15 PM
LePheaux

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
news:NbHGd.3721$hu.103@fed1read01...

"yunlong" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob Lee wrote:

Proper poling increases turn stability...

Not really, the pole-planting is to create an instability so the skier
can initiate the edge changing...

Actually, I have found that moving the pole as if it were to be planted,
without actually planting it, is sufficient to complete the act. Or at
least initiate it.

All attempts at humor aside, phantom pole planting gets the body into the
right position for turning. I usually don't bother to actually plant the
pole with any force unless I am in an extreme situation (going slow on the
steep, for instance) where not making the turn would have serious
consequences.

and the
first part of that sentence gets a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Not if you teach them stand properly on the skis.

Whoosh!

Ski like skate, no poles are needed.

If you could skate in powder or crud, or on a slope over 40
degrees, then what you wrote might not be viewed as bull****.

I did, as flat-boarding.

Some might interpret that staement to mean that flat-boarding is bs.

tai-chi/flatboarding is BS

because Some dumbyoung, errrr some youngdumb.is just a TROLL
this guy has proven the only thing he knows about skiing is what he read in
some very old ski mags.