Old January 17th 05, 03:45 PM
yunlong

AstroPax wrote:
On 16 Jan 2005 20:07:48 -0800, "yunlong"
wrote:

Of course, because they can do "all-terrain" without using poles.

O.K., dumblong, one more time.

Maybe you might actually answer a few of my simple questions this

time
instead of just ignoring them. After all, you are a professional ski
instructor, right?

Poles are a necessity for more than just planting and coordinating
turns. [Fact]

What else? And think about what you can do now with the free hands.

What if you are wiped-out in near-armpit deep powder, and have
to release a heel binding in order to "swim" out, because one
of your skis is acting like an anchor?

But the problem is, due to the orientation of the ski, you
can't twist out of the toe. Nor can you reach the binding(s)
with your hand.

How in the hell are you supposed to release a binding without
a ski pole?

We have been through that, you don't release your ski in "near-armpit
deep powder," it is a good way to loose your ski. The solution is to
remove most the snow on top of the ski (with your hands, and don't
loose your poles in that snow; well, without poles you don't have this
problem), then roll downhill "upside down" until your skis come out the
surface.

What if you are trapped upside-down, head first orientation in a deep
tree well, and can't twist out of a toe. Nor can you reach the
binding(s) with your hand. The only way to release is by using a

pole
to pressure a heel binding.

Bend your knees to unstuck the skis, and move your "whole" body to
unjam yourself.

Again, one more ****ing time, how in the hell are you supposed
to release an unreachable heel binding without a ski pole?

Simple, step on it with another ski, or borrow a ski pole from a cute
female?

Both of these situations have happened to me, and if not for
your obsolete and useless ski poles, I would have been ****ed.

[Fact]

Well, you have to go with the "line" and don't stop in the powder, if
you do, you may be stuck in it.

Also, I would like to see your poor student skiers attempting to
maneuver in low density, waste deep powder, or traverse along the
flats of a narrow and rutted track (unable to skate) without the
benefit of ski poles. Good luck.

"all-terrain" without poles, my ass. [Fact]

Yup, it's your ass.

Bwaaahaahaaaha !!!

Don't be silly.

IS