Old March 6th 06, 12:42 PM

Hi Jan,

I am a British XC skier, in a part of the country which doesn't get
much snow :-(

I know there are some groups of XC skiers in the Netherlands. I don't
have contact details but if you try your National Ski Association ,
they should be able to put you in touch with local groups and teaching.

I can't advise about roller-ski-ing much, as I don't do it anymore.
However, I do suggest you get some lessons before you try to do much by
yourself. You are likely to pick up habits which will spoil your
snow-ski-ing, if you don't learn to do it the right way from the start.

I know the London Region Nordic ski club holds regular roller-ski
events and there are several Netherlanders who attend. However, unless
you are in London anyway, you are probably better off spending your
money on finding some snow!

This page is made by a roller-ski instructor in London and you will
find some helpful links there.
http://www.rollerski.co.uk/links.html