Old October 25th 03, 05:54 PM
John Briggs

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

PG wrote:
"John Briggs" wrote in message
PG wrote:
"John Briggs" wrote in message
Paul Rooney wrote:
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:20:27 +0100, "John Briggs"
wrote:

Strictly speaking, those who are not interested in such a group and
would not take part in it, should not vote.

Strictly speaking, that is false.

Only if those voting are "stakeholders" (to use an ugly modern
expression) in the uk.* hierarchy. Otherwise, the point stands - those
whose only interest in the uk.* hierarchy is opposing this particular
group for reasons unconnected with the uk.* hierarchy should not be
taking part in the vote.

That just doesn't make sense. How do you intend policing this
interesting system? The whole point is that the Internet knows no
national boundaries. If the vote is open to all, then all are entitled
to vote as they see fit.

Who said anything about policing? Just because a system is open to
abuse, that doesn't compel you to abuse it.

So now I'm abusing *the system*?!! LOL. Please explain which part of the
system it is that I am abusing? Is it using my right to vote freely
despite my views differing from your own?

You can vote freely against any groups you like - but does that make it
right?
--
John Briggs