Old October 28th 03, 04:18 PM
lal_truckee

Gary S. wrote:

The snow cover is skimpier, the slopes are filled with people out for
the first time of the season, out of skiing condition, with brand new
gear they got the day before, etc.

I think that used to be trueer than recently. Apparently people are much
more disorganized, since the last decade or so I've noticed that few
people can get going before the New Year; and those that can rouse
themselves dribble to the slopes around 10:30-11 am and are easily
avoided. Around Tahoe area I wouldn't sweat it - the holiday rush is
more in the minds of resort management than on the slopes. YMMV.