Old January 6th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ollie Clark

Default Gloves

Colin Irvine wrote:
I bought some Hestra gloves a year or two ago to replace my original
pair, and they've been warm enough up to now. However, they couldn't
cope with Tignes last week, -17C at resort level so goodness knows
what it was at the top in the wind.

That doesn't sound too bad. I've been in -33 in Val Thorens with some
old Goretex gloves and was fine.

I did have silk under gloves on though which I find make a huge
difference. Perhaps try those before you shell out for a new pair of
mitts.

Also, make sure the rest of your body is kept warm. If your core
temperature starts to drop, blood is diverted out of your feet and
hands to the core so no matter how good your gloves or mitts are
your hands will still be cold.

Cheers,

Ollie